[swift-evolution] Proposal: x == 2 should not be a valid statement

Allen Ding allen at snappymob.com
Thu Feb 11 19:54:45 CST 2016

-1 from me.

This is a fundamental change to an operator that is one of the most
frequently used in the language. IMO, any alternative has to offer the same
ease of use in addition to any theorized benefits.

FWIW, I understand the potential for confusion and accidental typos, but
with warnings from tooling (including in various other languages), I can't
recall an instance of having made this particular in the past few years, so
it isn't that big of a deal to me.

- Allen