[swift-evolution] [RFC] "Library Evolution Support in Swift ('Resilience')"

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Thu Feb 11 18:26:56 CST 2016

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 14:54, Drew Crawford <drew at sealedabstract.com> wrote:
>

> When I generate a Swift interface, does the @inlineable attribute appear for the function?

If it does, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to try to make a distinction on a per-function basis whether or not it's safe to inline it?

I can understand a client wanting to say wholesale not to use any inlineable code from library X, but if you care about being able to update inlineable parts of the library I don't think I trust any client to decide which parts of the library are "safe, probably".

Jordan