[swift-evolution] ed/ing, InPlace, Set/SetAlgebra naming resolution

Radosław Pietruszewski radexpl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:46:13 CST 2016

-1 to the current diff.

`unioning`, `oring` really make me cringe. (O-ring? Let’s hope it’s not too cold outside.)

I also agree with Joe that the “with”s and “of”s are redundant. I really don’t see how they help explain the semantics of the method, or truly make anything clearer. Seems like an unnecessary attempt to make it sound like English, whether it’s useful or not.

— Radek