[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0030 Property Behaviors

Dany St-Amant dsa.mls at icloud.com
Wed Feb 10 18:17:54 CST 2016

> Le 10 févr. 2016 à 17:04, Douglas Gregor via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> a écrit :
>

>> On Feb 10, 2016, at 2:00 PM, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com <mailto:dgregor at apple.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Swift community,
>>
>> The review of SE-0030 "Property Behaviors" begins now and runs through February, 2016. The proposal is available here:
>>

>> https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0030-property-behavior-decls.md <https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0030-property-behavior-decls.md>
> Through February 16, that is.

I hope you’ll forgive me for a not really constructive comment, but living in the country neighbouring the USA to the north, I’ll have hard time not typing the « u » in this new behaviour keyword. I do not want to start a war on which English is the proper one, after all if one do not like the wording of an API he can always create wrappers, but for main language keyword such thing is impossible in Swift.

At least the behaviour keyword is one that is not used that often in single file, so I’ll survive.
But I thought it was worth mentioning that not everyone use the same English dictionary.

Dany