[swift-evolution] [Guidelines, First Argument Labels]: Prepositions inside the parens

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 15:32:48 CST 2016

I'm having trouble with this example in 3(a):
```
x.loadValues(forKeys: ["fox", "box", "lox"])
```

Based on the preceding discussion, I understand that the above is
preferred by the working group over the following:

```
x.loadValuesFor(keys: ["fox", "box", "lox"])
```

Going by the guidelines, though, it seems like the first option is
also now preferred by the working group over the unlabeled version
below (which admittedly is only an option because 'keys' is not
duplicating type information):

```
x.loadValuesForKeys(["fox", "box", "lox"])
```

Is it really the case that the first option is preferred over the
third? It does look as though it is, based on this in the diff:
```
- func respondWith(data: Data)
+ func respond(withData data: Data)
```

Whichever one is preferred, could the guidelines be clarified in that
respect? Also, what of the guideline not to repeat type information?
For example, why isn't the method above `func respond(with data:
Data)`?