[swift-evolution] Warning on the '(T...) -> U' to '(T...) -> ()' conversion

Vanderlei Martinelli vmartinelli at alecrim.com
Mon Feb 8 22:41:15 CST 2016

@EricaSadun I’d like to say that many of us are not native English
speakers. I had to find what is the meaning of “gimme” and “dunno”. And it
is a good thing, so I can learn more English words and slangs. But at the
same time sometimes I read these messages in a place where it is not
possible to consult dictionaries or when I just do not have time to do this.

OK... Let’s explain the words:

gimme. noun. a thing that is very easy to perform or obtain, especially in
a game or sport: the kick would hardly be a gimme in that wind

dunno. contraction. (I) do not know. origin mid 19th cent.: representing an
informal pronunciation.

;-)

Dunno, but the more we use internationally known words may be a gimme to
track the subject that is Swift evolution.