[swift-evolution] Draft: Add @noescape and rethrows to ManagedBuffer API

Arnold Schwaighofer aschwaighofer at apple.com
Mon Feb 8 21:11:36 CST 2016

Your benchmark code looks fine to me.

You could put the individual tests into @inline(never) functions then it would be easier to look at what an individual test does in Xcode’s Instruments.

It is true that small changes can trigger large swings in runtime performance as a seemingly small change can for example change inlining decisions or prevent ARC operation removal and then performance is widely different.

Given that you only see a 3% regression in -O mode where we are not able to remove all the abstraction the performance numbers you report look good to me.