[swift-evolution] Github Issues

James Campbell james at supmenow.com
Mon Feb 8 08:41:40 CST 2016

A while back I brought up the fact that since Swift is developed openly in
Github perhaps the best way to discuss changes is in Github itself.

This was a very controversal topic. Overall my feeling is it would help
people to keep up with discussions and to duck out of ones they don't care
about. I wasn't the only one to feel this way and got some good support for
this.

My inbox is 75% swift-evolution for things I don't care about. I think
things have gotten a bit crazy as this week in the latest #NatashaTheRobot
someone has now built a custom app just to organize the swift evolution
talks

https://stylemac.com/hirundo

Think about this, someone has felt that following these discussions is that
hard. That not only is two daily newsletters not enough but we should need
a special app for this.

If this doesn't say the mailing list is a bad idea, I don't know what is.
Add that to the face I've seen at least 5 or 6 times the same topic
re-posted as it went on a wild tangent, people lost where somebody said
something important or a bunch of other stuff was posted so everyone
ignored that email.

*James⎥Lead Engineer*

*james at supmenow.com <james at supmenow.com>⎥supmenow.com <http://supmenow.com>*

*Sup*