[swift-evolution] Tuple conversion and type composition

Andrew Bennett cacoyi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 16:41:46 CST 2016

Thanks Tino, it would be good to come up with some alternatives for +.

I was initially thinking `(Int,Int) (Int,Int)` without operators. However I
think this could potentially be a mistake. I like + as it's familiar with
array operators.

As for the prevalence of tuples in the language, every function and value
in Swift has a tuple in it. The associated values in an enum are a tuple.
They are everywhere.

For some more examples have a look at the linked proposal :)