[swift-evolution] Proposal Draft: Optional Upgrading Assignment.

Maximilian Hünenberger m.huenenberger at me.com
Thu Feb 4 13:10:03 CST 2016

Although the "reverse" syntax others pointed out fits better. Especially as symmetry to optional pattern matching:

let num = 1? // Int?

if case let n? = num {
    n // Int
    n? // Int?  since it is equal to "num" (why would someone use it here?)
}

But I doubt it is worth implementing only due to symmetry reasons.

The only real use I can imagine would be in conjunction with xxxLiterals.

Therefore -0.5 for this proposal.

- Maximilian