[swift-evolution] When to use argument labels (a new approach)

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Wed Feb 3 22:48:15 CST 2016

on Wed Feb 03 2016, Erica Sadun <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

>> Okay... since you didn't directly address anything I wrote, should I
>> take this to mean you think I got it all wrong?  Or...?
>
> I tweaked a ton of stuff, broke out rules, rephrased stuff, added
> rules, reordered and grouped items, changed examples, etc.

Yes... as noted in http://mid.gmane.org/m2bn7xwb4a.fsf@eno.apple.com:

  OK, sorry, that was hasty; you rewrote what I wrote.  But again, I'm
  missing any explanation of what you think your writeup accomplishes that
  mine does not.  Is it an improvement?  If so, why and how?

(and again, sorry for my hasty answer).

--
-Dave