[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Adjusting `inout` Declarations for Type Decoration

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Wed Feb 3 06:16:23 CST 2016

+1
It's better than the current form — but imho there is alternative that is worth being discussed:

(inout T) is a type on its own, right? (I guess although everyone seems to avoid the word, it is actually implemented as a pointer ;-)

Building on this, type "inout T" is associated with T, and it could be expressed using established syntax:
T.Inout (or T.Reference…)

I'm not sure which choice I like better, but as long as there are no other type modifiers, I have a preference for replacing special syntax with something that is there anyway.

Tino