[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0023 API Design Guidelines

Ricardo Parada rparada at mac.com
Tue Feb 2 10:40:26 CST 2016

Hi Dave,

Let me add the following to my ideas on union().  I actually reviewed SetAlgebra quickly and I think it could conform to the guidelines better if it used the following:

// Non-mutable methods
let union = a.adding(b)				// returns a ∪ c
let intersection = a.intersecting(b)		// returns a ∩ c
let difference = a.subtracting(b)		// returns a - b
let xor = a.xoring(b)  					// returns a △ b (a.k.a. "symmetric difference" or "exclusive or")

// Mutable methods (in-place)
a.add(b)
a.intersect(b)
a.subtract(b)