[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0023 API Design Guidelines

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Mon Feb 1 23:31:55 CST 2016

> On 02 Feb 2016, at 01:38, Dave Abrahams via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
>> What is your evaluation of the proposal?
>>
>> I’m a big fan of guidelines like these so count me as a strong +1.
>>
>> In general
>>
>> I’m supportive of lowerCamelCase for enumerations.
>> I’m still not sure about the first argument label
>> suggestions. Personally, I’d prefer that the first argument always
>> include a label, but I know that is not a popular opinion.
>
> What would you use for a label here, and why?
>
>  someSet.remove(someElement)

Maybe I am misunderstanding, or maybe I am projecting my opinion, but I believe he meant that the first argument is explicit by default, like all other arguments. your example would just become (keeping the same use-site syntax):

func remove(_ element: Element)

Btw, if it wasn’t clear, that is also my opinion.

David.