[swift-evolution] Proposal: Contiguous Variables (A.K.A. Fixed Sized Array Type)

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Mon Feb 1 22:19:30 CST 2016

I can’t speak for everyone else, but I’ve been using it as a stand-in for “whatever”. I think × and x are different enough (at least in Xcode’s default Menlo and, my current favorite, Fira Mono), but I don’t think × is anywhere of the normal keyboard layout. I know it wouldn’t be hard for Apple to have a custom keyboard layout with a bunch of math symbols on the alt layer, but I don’t know how to handle it for other editors.

It’s too bad, really… Not for × in particular, but abstract / math code in general would be a lot more readable if people had easy access the various operators and set notation symbols.

- Dave Sweeris