[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Use inout at function call sites

Paul Ossenbruggen possen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 03:27:12 CST 2016

-1 to this proposal. I don’t think the symmetry is big enough of a win. We just need some way of indicating that the param is different at the call site, most of the suggestions are less concise, or different without much benefit in clarity.

It might be nice to free up & for other purposes than just a marker for an inout parameter is the only reason I might think it a change here might be good because it is underutilized, this is the only place & is used that I am aware of, unlike C where it is used in many places for taking the address of something.