[swift-evolution] Proposal: Contiguous Variables (A.K.A. Fixed Sized Array Type)

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Fri Jan 29 04:40:39 CST 2016

> Same here, but can’t we wrap them?
> struct Vector<(4 x T) where T: MathType> {}
Might be possible, but I guess it will be much work:
You can't declare something like

class A<Array<T> where T is SequenceType>

now.

Also, I have an aversion of mixing the concept of array and tuple — and am I the only one who get creeps because of that "x" in the declaration? I hope this is just a placeholder — either for a sigil yet to be found (maybe something like ":", "@"), or for the whole syntax.

Tino