[swift-evolution] Proposal: Contiguous Variables (A.K.A. Fixed Sized Array Type)

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Fri Jan 29 01:12:06 CST 2016

+1 for the proposal, and +1 for Nate's syntax.
> On Jan 28, 2016, at 19:36, Nate Birkholz via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> What about "(n of Type)"?
>
> Sent from my iPhone, please excuse brevity and errors

That is currently true, but it might not always be the case. In principle it's possible to write a compile-time function (I think "macro" is the word I'm looking for) that operates solely on types, rather than values, and could be evaluated at compile time. Why adopt a syntax that's likely to conflict with a commonly requested feature?
>> On Jan 28, 2016, at 7:32 PM, FĂ©lix Cloutier via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>>
>> [...] Operators can't appear inside a type, so I don't think that it would be a problem to reuse * there either.

- Dave Sweeris