[swift-evolution] Proposal: Contiguous Variables (A.K.A. Fixed Sized Array Type)

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Thu Jan 28 19:07:28 CST 2016

I find

let values: (4 x Int) = (1, 2, 3, 4)

to be adequately cromulent. I believe this approach to be:

* Readable, even to someone unfamiliar with the syntax
* The parens before the assignment suggest something to do with tuples, and the numbers match the arity after the assignment
* The type is preserved in-place
* It's compact, elegant, simple

-- E