[swift-evolution] Modernize Switch/Case Statements?

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Wed Jan 27 23:54:36 CST 2016

> I think improvements to switch, if, for, and ?: have been ruled out in the list of already requested but rejected changes.

First of all, the commonly requested changes list does not represent things that have been "ruled out". It represents things that have been repeatedly discussed without a satisfactory solution, so if you're going to propose something in those areas, you should familiarize yourself with that background and be prepared to address the issues that have been brought up before.

Secondly, what's been discussed in the past is making switch and if into expressions. This proposal has nothing to do with that.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies