[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0023 API Design Guidelines

Charles Kissinger crk at akkyra.com
Wed Jan 27 19:20:36 CST 2016

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 11:42 AM, Dave Abrahams via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>

> Some people in this group have expressed a strong preference for another
> possibility, which IIUC is “All but the first letter of the initialism
> are lower-case; capitalize according to case conventions,
> i.e. no-special-treatment.”

Although I have this preference, in my case it might be an overstatement to say it is a “strong” preference. I just wanted to get the rationale for it (doesn’t obliterate word boundaries; doesn’t ‘shout') out there so all points of view were considered.

I almost never read through any of the discussions on this list without either changing my initial opinion or having grave doubts about it. :-)

— CK