[swift-evolution] Proposal: Remove implicit tuple splat behavior from function applications

swift at lng.la swift at lng.la
Wed Jan 27 13:24:35 CST 2016

Apologies -- I just realized I chose a bad example that isn't actually using the feature, but the usage would be here:

if successStubs.count > 0 {
    success(successStubs.removeFirst())
}
else if failureStubs.count > 0 {
    failure(failureStubs.removeFirst())
}

Here's a quick modification of the example that would necessitate using the feature:

var getChatMessagesEndpoint = FakeAPIEndpoint(
    calls:        [(channel: ChatChannel, limit: Int)](),
    successStubs: [(messages: [ChatMessage], someOtherReturnValue: Int)](),
    failureStubs: [(error: NSError, status: Int)]()
)

Unless I've overlooked something, when the success and failure callbacks take multiple parameters, calling them in a generic way requires the use of tuple splatting.

Jarod