[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Eliminating Swift's Screaming Snake Case Identifiers

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Tue Jan 26 15:48:42 CST 2016

What do you think of:

#file, #lineNumber, #column, #symbol (e.g. Swift.Dictionary.init), #module, #contextDictionary

and calling it a day?

* using contextDictionary allows expandability and can subsume all existing context elements, indexed presumably by the same names
* renaming function to symbol takes care of self.dynamicType as well
* file and lineNumbers are gimmes
* column is apparently well liked by some (not going to kick someone's dog on this)
* adding module fills a big hole.

No tuples for Doug, covers some of Chris's points.

-- E