[swift-evolution] named parameters - why hidden first?/proposal interest

Charles Constant charles at charlesism.com
Sun Jan 24 06:32:48 CST 2016

> With our current Objective-C style, we need to repeat at least one word
and often need to include "with", "by", "using", etc. to make it read nicely

When it comes to my own code, I agree with you 100%. However, if I
understand the Swift team's rationale, using a label for the first argument
is more often than not, bad form.

The point I was trying to make with the pros/cons bullet points is that,
even being charitable with the cons and understated about the pros, the
change still makes more sense.