[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0005 Better Translation of Objective-C APIs Into Swift

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Sat Jan 23 15:28:19 CST 2016

on Sat Jan 23 2016, Jacob Bandes-Storch <jtbandes-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> Proposal link:
> https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0005-objective-c-name-translation.md
>
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 3:37 AM, Dave Abrahams via swift-evolution <
> swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>>
>> That information is all right here, under Platforms:
>>
>>   https://github.com/apple/swift-3-api-guidelines-review/tree/swift-3
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> --
>> -Dave
>
> Thank you, I missed that. This is great.
>
> For easier browsing, I've removed comments and @available modifiers from
> the generated interfaces:
>
> https://github.com/jtbandes/swift-3-api-guidelines-review/tree/swift-3/Platforms

Just be aware that comments are sometimes important for verifying that
the meaning of the API has been preserved by the rename.

Another thing that might be useful for some is to examine the diffs
between the swift-2 and swift-3 branches.  For that, you might want to
do the same to your swift-2 branch.

--
-Dave