[swift-evolution] [Update] SE-0023 API Design Guidelines

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Sat Jan 23 11:49:11 CST 2016

on Fri Jan 22 2016, Douglas Gregor <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> Hello Swift community,
>
> The review of SE-0023"API Design Guidelines" begins now and runs
> through January 31, 2016. The proposal is available here:
>
> https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0023-api-guidelines.md

FYI, a number of minor changes were made to the development version of
the guidelines at
http://apple.github.io/swift-internals/api-design-guidelines/ that may
make it easier for you to evaluate:

* When the page is printed, all sections are always shown expanded.

* A button was added to the top of the page that expands or collapses
  all details sections.

* Presentation tweaks were made to:
  * Help the color-impaired interpret code examples
  * Omit needless graphical clutter.

* A series of copyedits by our editorial department were applied.  These
  are mostly "gardening," as @practicalswift would put it; they
  eliminate inconsistencies and bring it "up to code" w.r.t. Apple
  editorial practices.

No substantial changes were made to any of the content, so this version
should be a suitable substitute for
https://swift.org/documentation/api-design-guidelines/ for the purposes
of the review.

Cheers,