[swift-evolution] named parameters

Charles Constant charles at charlesism.com
Fri Jan 22 18:08:40 CST 2016

> but I think it's actually annoying to be forced to skip labels

The most important thing for me is that it work the *same* way for every
argument index, of both methods and initializers. I'm much less concerned
abut whether the default for those is "explicit" (which I do prefer) or
"hidden."

As long as it works the same:
- I can add new arguments to a function definition without hassle (i.e.:
without editing what was previously the first argument)
- I can copy and paste arguments between an init and a method (i.e.:
without having to add or "_" all the labels)
- I can avoid the regular "doh!" moments I still have (after 1.5 years of
writing Swift daily) where I wind up with something like swap( a, b: b )