[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0019 Swift Testing (Package Manager)

Paul Cantrell cantrell at pobox.com
Thu Jan 21 15:22:50 CST 2016

…

> Our plan is that 'swift test' by default will run all the test modules in the top-level package, but will not by default run all test modules in depended-upon packages (though that will be possible). Adding the ability to remove test modules from the default set that we run would be a good future enhancement.

Good, that all seems to me like the right 80% case (or maybe more like 95% case) for the first round.

Some projects will eventually want code sharing across test modules and control over which test modules are run by default, but I think that can all wait, and the proposal as it stands does leave room for those future features.

Cheers, P