[swift-evolution] Epic: Typesafe calculations

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Thu Jan 21 15:09:05 CST 2016

Going off the top of my head, I'd imagine it's a product type that inherits memory layout, code reuse, and conformances but introduces a distinct type for type safety checks. You could specialize the derived type with behavior and conformance that do not exist for the parent.

(It may also gain additional fields, I suppose, as well as super-type behavior calls, isKindOf checks, etc)

-- Erica