[swift-evolution] Dotless case names in switch cases

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Tue Jan 19 17:12:59 CST 2016

My opinion was that there's two ways to spell this, and that we ought to steer people towards being consistent. (We actually have special code right now so that the dotless reference can still be used for exhaustive matching.)

Either it's more consistent to allow it (because it's just another expression) or it's more consistent to disallow it (because it's not how you'd write the member in any other switch, and it's only one character of difference).

Jordan