[swift-evolution] [Review] Naming Functions with Argument Labels

Roopesh Chander roop at roopc.net
Tue Jan 19 01:53:13 CST 2016

Doug / Joe,

Sorry about asking this after the review period: it's not clear to me how
the assigned functions can be called.

In case I have:

    let fn1 = someView.insertSubview(_:aboveSubview:)
    let fn2 = someView.insertSubview(_:belowSubview:)

will the types of both fn1 and fn2 be the same (i.e., (UIView, UIView) ->
())? Will I be able to call them without having to use the
aboveSubview/belowSubview labels, like:

    fn1(view1, view2)
    fn2(view3, view4)

Thanks,