[swift-evolution] Pre-proposal: CaseEnumerable protocol (derived collection of enum cases)

Trent Nadeau tanadeau at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 19:52:41 CST 2016

Big +1.

I think the proposed solution is plenty for a first implementation. The
rest of the possible variations can be added later in a backward-compatible
way.

I'm not sure if the rawValues property is useful enough as you can loop
through the cases (or use map) and get the rawValue for each. Is there a
use case for needing all of the raw values where you don't also need the
actual cases at some point?

Trent Nadeau