[swift-evolution] [Draft proposal] Faster/lower-level external String initialization

Max Moiseev moiseev at apple.com
Wed Jan 13 11:58:13 CST 2016

The way I see it:
Since we are designing a new API here, I don’t see why it should not be similar in both 2.2 and 3.
I’m thinking of 2 different versions of decodeCString though: one accepting a CollectionType and another one accepting an UnsafePointer and calling strlen, since there are still cases, where the length of a cstring is unknown and it is a null-terminated one.
All the existing API’s will remain in place for Swift 2.2 but should be annotated with a deprecation attribute.