[swift-evolution] Custom didSet methods

James Campbell james at supmenow.com
Wed Jan 13 03:36:15 CST 2016

I understand and I am aware of this proposal. I only raised this since
collections are a primitive object type that are used quite frequently in
swift. I think it would be acceptable to introduce a generic way of knowing
when an item was added, updated or removed which could be demoted with set
and get.

I think the pros outweigh the cons. Previous proposals such as default
initialisers are either too complex / niche or can already be done via the
swift language. So are better implemented with property behaviours.

*James⎥Lead Engineer*

*james at supmenow.com <james at supmenow.com>⎥supmenow.com <http://supmenow.com>*

*Sup*

*Runway East *