[swift-evolution] [Proposal draft] Referencing the Objective-C selector of a method

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Tue Jan 12 01:42:19 CST 2016

> control.sendAction(Selector(MyApplication.doSomething), to: target, forEvent: event)

How bad an idea would it be to make it simply be:

	control.sendAction(MyApplication.doSomething, to: target, forEvent: event)

That is, implicitly convert eligible unbound method references to selectors? From what I can tell, there's already going to be a certain amount of magic involved in this Selector initializer.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies