[swift-evolution] Initializer labelling and forwarding

Matthew Johnson matthew at anandabits.com
Mon Jan 11 15:40:52 CST 2016

> On Jan 11, 2016, at 1:58 PM, David James via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> NOTE: this may cross-over with other proposals. I’m totally fine with converging, but just want this idea vetted first.

Hi David.  Did have you seen the Parameter Forwarding proposal I sent out last night?  That would handle this use case, among others.  Here’s a link to the proposal (there is also a mailing list thread): https://github.com/anandabits/swift-evolution/blob/parameter-forwarding/proposals/NNNN-parameter-forwarding.md <https://github.com/anandabits/swift-evolution/blob/parameter-forwarding/proposals/NNNN-parameter-forwarding.md>

Thanks for providing a concrete example of how that proposal can be used!

Matthew