[swift-evolution] [Proposal draft #2] Naming Functions with Argument Labels

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Mon Jan 11 13:38:04 CST 2016

I haven't had issues with ambiguous function names, but it just feels odd that there is no elegant way to solve those problems, so I agree that something should be done here.

Speaking of the details, "(" always is an indication to me that there is a function to be called (not only referenced). Are there any special reasons for the parenthesis in this context?
Wouldn't parsing be easier when we just leave out "(", ")" and "_"?
let fn1 = someView.insertSubview:aboveSubview:
imho looks better.

Best regards,
Tino