[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0018 Flexible Memberwise Initialization

Matthew Johnson matthew at anandabits.com
Sun Jan 10 09:35:35 CST 2016

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 10, 2016, at 9:26 AM, Thorsten Seitz <tseitz42 at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Matthew,

>>> Yes, that’s just what I’m trying to find out: I do like the Members-based idea but wanted to get a clearer understanding how it might *really* unfold before casting my vote for the current proposal.
>>
>> I will be sharing my vision for a long-term direction later today or tomorrow.  It allows us to accept this proposal as a step forward while still having a long-term path that relies on more general features, with a clean migration path when the more general features are ready.
>
> That sounds great! Would you mind sharing a sketch of your idea today just to get a rough feeling before the review ends?

I would like to.  I need a little bit more time to finish the drafts before sharing.  I have dad duty on Sundays so I won't be able to do that until until my son goes to bed.  I am hoping to be ready to share them by about 8 or 9 CST tonight.  That still leaves a few hours while the review is open.

Matthew