[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0010 Add StaticString.UnicodeScalarView
jtbandes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 23:56:09 CST 2016
* What is your evaluation of the proposal?
* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change
Yes. (To be clear, I think it's important, but not urgent.)
* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Yes; it seems consistent with other String APIs.
* If you have you used other languages or libraries with a similar feature,
how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
N/A; Swift's String types put all others to shame ;-)
* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading,
or an in-depth study?
I read through the proposal quickly. I mostly looked at the proposed API,
and in comparison to the existing String APIs, I feel this is a logical &
useful addition to the standard library.
Question: Why doesn't this proposal also include UTF8View and UTF16View?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the swift-evolution