[swift-evolution] [Review] Replace `typealias` keyword with `associatedtype` for associated type declarations

Alex Popov hello at alexpopov.ca
Thu Jan 7 18:13:02 CST 2016

Data of 1: I am disappointed by the choice, but remain silent so I don't look like a nit picker and to not further clutter the mailing list.
I find `associatedtype` to be clearer,  but `associated` to be much more pleasant to read and write.
 * What is your evaluation of the proposal?
+1 for the proposal, I didn't know associated types in protocols where even a thing, I just thought it was black-typealias-magic that was out of my intellectual reach.
 * Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
Definitely.
 * Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
I do believe this proposal fits well with Swift, regardless of keyword chosen.
 * If you have you used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
Not applicable
 * How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
I have been following the proposal from the start, and have read up on Associated Types in protocols.

Alex Popov Jr.
Principal iOS developer | Shelfie
www.shelfie.com | @getshelfie