[swift-evolution] [Proposal]: Rectangles and other common structures.

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Thu Jan 7 09:32:53 CST 2016

I don't think Point, Rect... belong to the standard library - but nonetheless, there should be a standard lib where they belong to:
I think C++ suffered a lot because there is no point-structure that is well accepted. Many people declared own, incompatible variants with the same boring traits — and most would have simply used the default implementation, if there had been one.

So what I would like to see is a set of official supported libs to cover basic topics like graphics and math, and constructs like Box and Either.
Those libs could declare interfaces for common tasks and evolve beside the stdlib, serving a task similar to what boost does in C++.

Tino