[swift-evolution] Require use of override keyword to override dynamically dispatched methods defined in a protocol with a default implementation

Howard Lovatt howard.lovatt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:08:39 CST 2016

The point is that without the requirement of both final and override the
compiler doesn't know in detail what the problem is; just that there is a
problem, it doesn't have enough information (it doesn't know the
programmers intention - override and final clarify that intension). That is
irrespective of how the compiler is written.

--
  -- Howard.