[swift-evolution] Explicity Size Clipping

James Campbell james at supmenow.com
Wed Jan 6 13:08:06 CST 2016

This is the full code:

//

//  Box.swift

//  Project

//

//  Created by James Campbell on 06/01/2016.

//

//

// This File implements the Box protocol for Type Safe Alogrithm Types and
other useful things.

import Foundation

//MARK:- Box

protocol Box: CustomStringConvertible, CustomDebugStringConvertible {

    typealias FloatLiteralType = Double

    typealias IntegerLiteralType = Int

    typealias BoxType = Any

    var value: BoxType { get set }

    init()

    init(_ value: BoxType)

}

extension Box where BoxType: CustomStringConvertible {

    var description: String {

        return self.value.description

    }

    var debugDescription: String {

        return "\(self.value.description)"

//MARK: FloatingPointBox

protocol FloatingPointBox: Box, FloatLiteralConvertible,
IntegerLiteralConvertible {

    typealias BoxType = Double

    typealias FloatLiteralConvertible = Double

    typealias IntegerLiteralConvertible = Int

}

extension Box where Self.BoxType == Double {

    init(_ value: Double) {

        self.init()

        self.value = value

    }

    init(_ value: Int) {

        self.init()

        self.value = Double(value)

    }

    init(_ value: UInt32) {

        self.init()

        self.value = Double(value)

extension FloatLiteralType {

    init<T: Box where T.BoxType == Double >(_ box: T) {

        self.init(box.value)

    }

    init<T: Box where T.BoxType == Int >(_ box: T) {

        self.init(box.value)

extension CGFloat {

    init<T: Box where T.BoxType == Double >(_ box: T) {

        self.init(box.value)

    }

    init<T: Box where T.BoxType == Int >(_ box: T) {

        self.init(box.value)

//Adding FloatLiteralConvertible, IntegerLiteralConvertible

extension FloatingPointBox where Self.BoxType == Double,
Self.FloatLiteralConvertible
== Double {

    init(floatLiteral value: Double) {

        self.init(value)

    }

    init(integerLiteral value: Int) {

        self.init(value)

    }

    init<T: IntegerType>(_ value: T) {

        self.init(value)

//

//  Angles.swift

//  Sup

//

//  Created by James Campbell on 22/12/2015.

//  Copyright © 2015 Sup. All rights reserved.

//

// This File defines representations of Degrees and Radians as Type Safe
Alogrithm Types

import Foundation

//MARK:- Degree

struct Degree: FloatingPointBox {

    var value: Double = 0

    init()

    {

protocol DegreeConvertiable {

    init(degreeLiteral value: Degree)

}

extension Degree: RadianConvertiable {

    init(radianLiteral value: Radian) {

        self.value = Double(value) * 180.0 / M_PI

    }

    init(_ value: Radian) {

        self.init(radianLiteral: value)

//MARK:- Radian

struct Radian: FloatingPointBox {

    var value: Double = 0

    init()

    {

protocol RadianConvertiable {

    init(radianLiteral value: Radian)

}

extension Radian: DegreeConvertiable {

    init(degreeLiteral value: Degree) {

        self.value = Double(value) * M_PI / 180.0

    }

    init(_ value: Degree) {

        self.init(degreeLiteral: value)

let someOptiona: Degreee? = nil

 let degree = someOptional ?? Degree(arc4random_uniform(360))

--
 Wizard
james at supmenow.com
+44 7523 279 698