[swift-evolution] [Draft Proposal] Require `final` on protocol extension members

Goffredo Marocchi panajev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:30:12 CST 2016

I agree with you, if we tackle this and we should then we should aim to the right solution if it is reachable.
I know I am in the minority and it is partially off topic here, but I do feel that default method implementations are something that might be put to good use, but it is best to try to make sure no unintentional side effects are produced too easily. In a way you give out a possibly dangerous tool, you have protocols and you pass around objects referenced not by the actual type but by the protocol it is represented by to make sure that the receiver cannot make any assumption on the actual implementation beyond the abstract API contract and default methods do expose that.

Sent from my iPhone