[swift-evolution] [Review] Replace `typealias` keyword with `associatedtype` for associated type declarations

Jo Albright me at jo2.co
Mon Jan 4 08:40:45 CST 2016

- What is your evaluation of the proposal?

+1 : I am all for the idea of not using the same word for different functionalities. I don’t see any upside to keeping it the way it is.

- Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

Description of Swift includes “Swift is designed to make writing and maintaining correct programs easier for the developer”… if the desire is to make the language easy to understand and learn, then this is a very important change as it removes confusion.

- Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

100%

- If you have you used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

I have not come across this type of feature before.

- How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

I read all of the reviews and proposal thoroughly.

---

Really excited to see how many people come out to give their opinions on proposals. Hope my words are helpful.

Jo Albright