[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] Replace `typealias` keyword with `associatedtype` for associated type declarations

Sebastian Hagedorn sebastian at iosphere.de
Mon Jan 4 03:57:11 CST 2016

> 	* What is your evaluation of the proposal?

+1. Solves a real problem I’ve come across before.

> 	* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

Yes, because the problem can cause serious frustration, for beginners in particular.

> 	* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Yes, because readability is improved. No need to consider the context anymore, the keyword itself makes it very clear what is declared.

> 	* If you have you used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

I haven’t used any language with a comparable feature.

> 	* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

I’ve read the review carefully and followed the prior discussion briefly.