[swift-evolution] [Proposal]: Free the '$' Symbol!

Developer devteam.codafi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 01:36:38 CST 2016

Swift currently does not allow operators to use $ - I assume because the grammar reserves it in one place: `implicit-parameter-name`.  I don't see why an entire class of identifiers has been eliminated, so I propose $ instead be reclassified as an `operator-character` so it can be used mixed in with other such characters, but prevents the introduction of `$Identifier`-style declarations that might conflict with implicit parameters.

~Robert Widmann