[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Scoped resources (like C# using statement)

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Wed Dec 30 05:12:54 CST 2015

It is an appealing idea on first sight, but it makes the language more complex, and I don't think scoped resources are versatile enough to back justify their inclusion.

The defer feature which is already mentioned in the proposal is very similar — and I expect that will not only be the case for the effect, but also for the usefulness:
I rarely use defer… I still like the concept, but I guess our ecosystem just has little need for it.

Tino