[swift-evolution] use standard syntax instead of "do" and "repeat"

Goffredo Marocchi panajev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 17:12:58 CST 2015

One could say that is extremely petty to redefine very commonly accepted words (private when we mean file restricted, internal when we mean essentially package when there are already pretty well understood meaning from languages which quite frankly Swift will not kill now or 5 years from now... Java and C++ will keep dominating the landscape with bigger threats coming from JavaScript, ruby, etc... embracing and extending seems like a more successful strategy than taking a defined word and changing its meaning).

Also, the current do fails the Yoda test... do or do not, no try ;).

I would suggest replacing repeat with do and the current do with something like throwing which the compiler could actually use to generate errors of we are creating a throwing block without any method that could actually throw and I would not touch the current try keyword to minimise changes.

Sent from my iPhone