[swift-evolution] Proposal: Rewrite Swift compiler in swift to get ideas for further language evolution.

T.J. Usiyan griotspeak at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 12:06:50 CST 2015

We've asked this a few times. Chris Lattner has said something about it
already.

"There are no short term plans.  Unless you’d consider rewriting all of
LLVM as part of the project (something that would be awesome, but that I
wouldn’t recommend :-), we’d need Swift to be able to import C++ APIs.  I’m
personally hopeful that we’ll be able to tackle at least some of that in
Swift 4, but we’ll see - no planning can be done for Swift 4 until Swift 3
starts to wind down." - Chris